We're using GWO (Google Website Optimizer) now. The multivariate and A/B testing is exactly what we need and works great from the perspective of showing the variations to the users. However, we have several issues that make me want to use a different tool:
- Statistics are inaccurate compared to Google Analytics, so we now disregard them and have to manually check
- Previews typically don't work
- Cannot have dynamic content in variations (I know about variation_content, but I cannot get it to work and nobody in google's forums has been able to help.. I suspect google may have stopped supporting this)
- Documentation is poor, there's a techie guide with well-known inaccuracies which haven't been fixed in well over a year.
- Only 8 test sections per page, problem there is we want to allow our marketeers the ability to do everything they need from within GWO, but now they need to mark off which test sections they want/don't want in our custom tool
- Different experiment key for every test, again it makes marketeers need to work with our code sometimes
Is there a good tool like GWO that works with Google Analytics (which I love)?
There's a very similar competitor to Optimizely called Visual Website Optimizer. Also looks very nice, but has the same issue I describe above.
Is there a GWO that works?